If there’s an easier way to do our eyeshadow, then we’re all for it. Sometimes it’s hard keeping up with the different eyeshadow trends and styles. Like a precise winged eyeliner or a sultry smoky eye, cut crease eyeshadow is another eyeshadow technique that sounds complicated but, once mastered, will become a staple in your makeup rolodex.
Cut crease eyeshadow is a popular technique using different colored eyeshadow to ‘cut’ across the crease of your eyelid, creating a distinct shadow. This contrast in color exaggerates your eye shape, giving the appearance of larger eyes. Perfect for neutral and nude tones (or when you’re more confident, this technique also looks great in bold hues).
You’re not alone if you’ve found yourself searching: how to apply eyeshadow. Do you want to try creating the ultimate cut crease eyeshadow look? This viral TikTok hack shows how you can achieve cut crease eyeshadow using, your usual eye makeup products and… a SPOON.
If you haven’t come across the TikTok hack, this tutorial will tell you all you need to know about creating cut crease eyeshadow using this every-day item. To create this look, you will need:
- Limitless Eyeshadow Palette 2: nude, neutral-toned eyeshadow palette featuring six highly pigmented, long-wearing shimmer and matte shades.
- Fluffy brush: for applying eyeshadow and blending.
- Blending brush: for blending eyeshadow to avoid harsh lines.
- Flat brush: to apply shimmer shades to your eyelid
- A spoon: a tablespoon works better for the technique to cover the entire eye.
- Mascara: a volumizing and lengthening mascara to complete the entire cut crease eyeshadow look.