As much as we love the classic winged eyeliner look, it’s safe to say that mixing different eye looks can be fun and refreshing. From a more dramatic liner to the floating liner look, there seems to be an endless amount of eyeliner trends to try out.
Applying eyeliner can be challenging, although knowing your eye shape is half the battle, the foxy eyeliner look suits all eye shapes. But what is the foxy eyeliner trend exactly? Foxy eyeliner is all about creating a lift to your eye, emphasizing the outer corners and creating a sultry look perfect for a night on the town or an added dose of confidence.
Want to master this latest eyeliner trend? We’ll take you through a step-by-step foxy eyeliner tutorial, to show you how to change up the classic winged eyeliner and embrace your new look with confidence. We share our top tips and techniques for mastering this popular eyeliner trend with ease.
For this foxy eyeliner tutorial, you can use either:
- Liquid Eyeliner Pen – for precision and control, an eyeliner pen can be used for crisp lines and steady application.
- Pencil Eyeliner – for a buildable pay-off, a pencil eyeliner will allow you to map out your foxy eyeliner and build up the intensity.
- Felt Tip Eyeliner – a felt tip eyeliner can give a level of thickness and drama to your foxy eyeliner once mastered.
- A Skinny Eyeliner – a skinny point eyeliner allows precision-point perfection for thin and defined lines.
- Nude eyeshadow (optional) – create dimension and an eye contour look to tie the entire tutorial together.
How to do foxy eyeliner
Step one: Prep your eyelids
Start by removing any excess makeup. This will leave the eye area feeling smooth and refreshed for a more straightforward application. This will also prevent creasing when applying eyeshadow and eyeliner.
Step two: Eyeshadow (optional)
Use the light brown eyeshadow shade from either Limitless Eyeshadow Palette 1 or 2 and blend into the crease of your eyelid, elongating to the outer corners in the direction of your temples. Blend the edges, so there are no visible harsh lines.